ISO Class 1 Rating
In 2020, the Town of Palm Beach Fire Rescue Department received the distinction of being evaluated and rated as an ISO Class 1 Fire Department. This is the highest recognition possible by the Insurance Service Office. By receiving the Class 1 Public Protection Classification (PPC) rating from the Insurance Services Office, the Town of Palm Beach Fire Rescue Department joins the elite ranks of the less than 400 fire departments across the nation of the over 47,000 evaluated. This lands the Town of Palm Beach Fire Rescue Department in the Top 1% of all fire Departments. Your Firefighters take pride in this prestigious ranking, and while we strive to provide you with the best customer service and protection, this rating could not be achieved without the generous support of our community.
What does it mean for the Town of Palm Beach to maintain a Class 1 Fire Department?
- Residents, business owners, and visitors to the Town of Palm Beach can be assured that they are receiving the highest quality and standard of care possible
- Exceptionally fast response times to 911 calls
- Mitigation of emergencies and non-emergencies to the highest standard
- A commitment by our first responders to maintain the highest degree of response, training, and customer service
- The Class rating of ISO is one of the factors used to determine fire insurance premiums for homes and businesses within the community. Having an ISO class 1 helps ensure our community has the lowest fire insurance premiums available and ensures residents, businesses, and visitors that they will receive the best service if the need arises.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT THE ISO's WEBSITE