The Office of Risk Management is responsible for planning, organizing. implementing and directing the activities of the town’s risk management program, including loss control, claims management, and safety. Work in this division is performed under the direction of the Human Resources Director. Responsibilities include:
- Risk retention and risk transfer
- Claims management and investigations including litigation strategies
- review of agreements, contracts, and leases regarding insurance requirements
- Loss prevention and control programs
- Comprehensive review of proposed legislation which could impact the town from a risk management perspective.
The town receives a Drug-Free Workplace Credit of 5% and Safety Credit of 2% through the State of Florida’s Workers' Compensation program.
To provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and to minimize the adverse effects of accidental losses. Ensuring that a comprehensive risk management program is in place that best protects the interests of the town and its employees.
Employees injured on the job should:
- Immediately report the injury to their supervisor
- Contact the Town's Risk Manager at (561) 838-5496
Life Threatening Injuries
Dial 9-1-1 and proceed to the nearest emergency hospital.
Injuries or Post-Accident Screenings
Non-threatening injuries and/or post-accident drug screenings should be report to:
4714 Okeechobee Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hours of Operation
Monday – Sunday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Occupational Exposures after MD Now Hours
Good Samaritan Medical Center Emergency Room
1309 N. Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Post Accident Drug Screenings after MD Now Hours
NMS Management Services
Ph: (866) 803-4150