Carolyn Stone was recently selected to serve as the Town of Palm Beach’s new Director of Business Development and Operations, with management responsibilities for the Town Docks, Par 3 Golf Course, Recreation Center, as well as the Seaview Park and Phipps Ocean Park Tennis Facilities. Mrs. Stone will complete her service with the Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA) as Vice-President of Intercollegiate Athletics and begin her employment with the Town on Monday, June 3, 2019.
Prior to serving as Vice-President of Intercollegiate Athletics for PBA, she served as Parks and Facilities Manager for the Village of North Palm Beach. Mrs. Stone has over 20 years of experience in the public sector and higher education, including a stint as Recreation Supervisor from 1997 – 1999 with the Town of Palm Beach. She has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida and a Master’s degree from the University of Georgia. Some of Mrs. Stone’s accomplishments while at PBA include:
- NCAA Division II Athletic Director of the Year
- Finalist for the Athena Leadership Award, presented by the Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
- Oversaw design and development of 80 acre, $20 million Rinker Athletic Campus for outdoor intercollegiate sports and intramural programming at PBA
- Oversaw design and construction of 30,000 sq. ft., $8.4 million Rinker Sport Center athletic facility at PBA
- Employee of the Year at Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Created PBA’s Sailfish Athletics rebranding, which resulted in national recognitions
- Youngest female in PBA history to serve on Presidential Cabinet
Click here to view Mrs. Stone's resume.
The Town conducted a nationwide search for this position and received significant interest, with nearly 200 applications. After reviewing candidate credentials, a screening panel comprised of Deputy Town Manager, Jay Boodheshwar, Fire-Rescue Chief, Darrel Donatto, and Director of Planning, Zoning and Building, Josh Martin, conducted initial interviews with the top 26 candidates. A selection committee comprised of Town Manager, Kirk Blouin, Mr. Boodheshwar, Mr. Donatto, and Mr. Martin held an extensive interview process with the five semi-finalists identified by the screening panel, leading to a unanimous decision to select Mrs. Stone to join the Town’s senior management team.
Mrs. Stone said, “I would like to thank Kirk Blouin and Jay Boodheshwar for selecting me to serve the residents of the Town of Palm Beach as the Director of Business Development and Operations. Although I wasn't actively seeking a new opportunity, when this position was brought to my attention, I felt compelled to vet it thoroughly. Public service is my passion and as I learned more about the challenges this position would be taking on, I recognized that my experience and skills would be an excellent fit. I am thrilled to be rejoining the Town and eager to serve the residents as we strive to offer the highest quality of service that is rich in history.”