April 7, 2021 3:27 PM
WEEKLY COVID-19 UPDATE - WEDNESDAY 4/7/21
COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
• As of 3:00 PM today, the following cumulative COVID-19 data was provided by the Florida Department of Health (FDOH). Please also note that reporting on COVID-related deaths can be extremely delayed and should not be used as a week-to-week comparative metric.
o Town of Palm Beach: 600 cases (increase of 2.9% or +17 cases from 1 week ago) and 13 deaths.
o Palm Beach County: 134,337 cases (increase of 2.1% or +2,756 cases from 1 week ago) and 2,679 deaths.
o State of Florida: 2,096,747 cases (increase of 1.9% or +39,012 cases from 1 week ago) and 34,476 deaths.
o United States: 30,876,041 cases (increase of 1.4% or +416,936 cases from 1 week ago) and 558,626 deaths.
o Worldwide: 132,683,720 cases (increase of 3.0% or +3,907,585 cases from 1 week ago) and 2,879,979 deaths.
• As of 3:00 PM today, the following cumulative vaccination information was provided by the FDOH.
o Palm Beach County: 481,696 total (173,430 – one dose; 308,266 – two doses)
o State of Florida: 6,630,107 total (2,715,857 – one dose; 3,914,250 – two doses)
• For additional daily information provided by the State of Florida, beyond the summary provided by the Town, please visit the FDOH website at: http://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE
• The current vaccination eligibility in the State of Florida, as approved by Governor Ron DeSantis, include the following groups:
1. Florida residents 18 years of age and older;
2. Florida residents ages 16-17 are authorized to receive the Pfizer vaccine but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Residents are encouraged to seek vaccination appointments through their private providers or the resources below:
o State of Florida COVID-19 Response, Pre-Register for Vaccine (floridahealthcovid19.gov)
o Palm Beach County Healthcare District (hcdpbc.org)
o Baptist Health (baptisthealth.net/coronavirus/vaccine)
o Tenet (palmbeachhealthnetwork.com)
o HCA (hcaeastflorida.com/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine-information/)
o VA Medical Center (561-422-6838 – veterans only)
o Publix Pharmacies (publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida)
o Walmart (walmart.com/cp/1228302)
o Sam’s Club (samsclub.com/pharmacy/immunization?imzType=covid)
o Winn Dixie (winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine)
• Appointments for the homebound can be made by sending an email to: email@example.com. Provide name and phone number and someone from the State will call to set up an appointment.
• A Town-wide Curfew remains in effect from 1:00 AM until 5:00 AM daily. This curfew applies to all persons within the Town of Palm Beach, with the exception of law enforcement and public safety personnel, medical, work, or school personnel, travel for religious services, or other travel authorized by law enforcement personnel.
• A county-wide mask mandate remains in effect, requiring face coverings by all persons visiting or working in any businesses, establishment, or residential buildings. Face coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in outdoor public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
• While waiting for the vaccines to reach everyone, the CDC continues to remind us that the three most important ways to slow the spread and buy us a little more time include: (1) wearing a mask to protect yourself and others, (2) staying at least 6 feet away from others who don’t live with you, and avoid crowds, and (3) washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Travel restrictions are also in place for travelers going to numerous states and countries, so please plan accordingly if you plan to travel.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.