February 22, 2021 10:37 PM
WEEKLY COVID-19 UPDATE - MONDAY 2/22/21
COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
• As of 10:00 PM today, the following cumulative COVID-19 data was provided by the Florida Department of Health (FDOH). Please also note that reporting on COVID-related deaths can be extremely delayed and should not be used as a week-to-week comparative metric.
o Town of Palm Beach: 516 cases (increase of 2.8% or +14 cases from 1 week ago) and 12 deaths.
o Palm Beach County: 117,842 cases (increase of 2.6% or +3,042 cases from 1 week ago) and 2,412 deaths.
o State of Florida: 1,872,923 cases (increase of 2.3% or +41,935 cases from 1 week ago) and 30,595 deaths.
o United States: 28,188,308 cases (increase of 1.8% or +505,663 cases from 1 week ago) and 500,236 deaths.
o Worldwide: 111,705,909 cases (increase of 2.4% or +2,629,325 cases from 1 week ago) and 2,474,652 deaths.
• As of 5:00 PM today, the following cumulative vaccination information was provided by the FDOH.
o Palm Beach County: 249,314 total (119,221 – one dose; 130,093 – two doses)
o State of Florida: 2,698,591 total (1,300,197 – one dose; 1,398,394 – two doses)
• For additional daily information provided by the State of Florida, beyond the summary provided by the Town, please visit the FDOH website at: http://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAM WAITING LIST
• Additions to the Town’s Covid-19 Waiting List remain on pause until the Town receives information about additional supply of vaccines.
• Because we cannot guarantee the delivery of additional vaccine supply, residents are encouraged to seek appointments through their private providers or the resources below:
o Publix Pharmacies (https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida)
o Baptist Health (https://baptisthealth.net/coronavirus/vaccine)
o Tenet (https://palmbeachhealthnetwork.com/)
o HCA (https://hcaeastflorida.com/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine-information/)
o VA Medical Center (561-422-6838 - veterans only)
o Palm Beach County Healthcare District (https://www.hcdpbc.org/).
• A Town-wide Curfew remains in effect from 1:00 AM until 5:00 AM daily. This curfew applies to all persons within the Town of Palm Beach, with the exception of law enforcement and public safety personnel, medical, work, or school personnel, travel for religious services, or other travel authorized by law enforcement personnel.
• A county-wide mask mandate remains in effect, requiring face coverings by all persons visiting or working in any businesses, establishment, or residential buildings. Face coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in outdoor public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
• While waiting for the vaccines to reach everyone, the CDC continues to remind us that the three most important ways to slow the spread and buy us a little more time include: (1) wearing a mask to protect yourself and others, (2) staying at least 6 feet away from others who don’t live with you, and avoid crowds, and (3) washing your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• All air passengers traveling to the United States from any foreign country are currently REQUIRED to get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. This requirement applies to foreign nationals, as well as US citizens and permanent residents.
• Non-US citizen travel from South Africa, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Ireland, large portions of Europe is not currently permitted. Travelers are advised to check with their airlines for additional details before travel.
• Travel restrictions are also in place for travelers going to numerous states, so please plan accordingly if you plan to travel outside of the State of Florida.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.