August 21, 2020 2:23 PM
Tropical Storm Laura
• As of the 2:00 PM update from the National Hurricane Center, Tropical Storm Laura has maximum sustained winds of 45 mph and was moving west at 18 mph.
• The Town's emergency management team is closely monitoring this storm, its current path and projected intensification.
• Although Palm Beach is currently NOT within the Forecast Cone, the Town is urging residents and businesses to monitor this storm throughout the weekend in the event of a change in its projected path.
• If there is a change in forecast that places Palm Beach within the Forecast Cone, additional updates will be provided this weekend.
• Visit the Town’s hurricane preparedness page on our website for helpful planning resources by clicking the link below.