July 6, 2020 4:37 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 7/6/20
• Significant daily increases in new COVID-19 positive cases throughout the State of Florida have continued over the last week (over 41%). As of 4:30 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
53 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach (17.8% increase from 1 week ago): 2 deaths.
17,242 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County (25.8% increase from 1 week ago): 543 deaths.
206,447 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida (41.1% increase from 1 week ago): 3,880 deaths.
2,911,888 confirmed cases in the US (13.8% increase from 1 week ago): 130,101deaths.
11,520,461 confirmed cases worldwide (13.1% increase from 1 week ago): 535,499 deaths.
• The Town has received multiple inquiries regarding locations for COVID-19 and antibody testing. Click on the following link to see the list of commercial, government and non-profit testing sites located in Palm Beach County: http://discover.pbcgov.org/coronavirus/Pages/testing-sites.aspx
MANDATORY MASKS OR FACIAL COVERINGS ORDER IN EFFECT
• Per Palm Beach County Order 2020-12, masks or facial coverings are REQUIRED to be worn by all persons within the county (including the Town of Palm Beach) while visiting or working in any businesses or establishment. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, and vehicles for hire.
• Facial coverings must also be worn by all persons in public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. This includes outdoor areas and common areas shared by multiple individuals, INCLUDING CONDOMINIUMS, and other common areas inside and outside of residential buildings.
• Facial coverings are required at all times by all persons accessing governmental buildings, including Town Hall, fire stations, the police station, the Public Works building, recreational facilities, and other Town owned buildings.
• For more details about this order, including requirements for business signage, compliance, enforcement, and exemptions from this order found on page 4, please download the full order by clicking the link below.
• Curfew remains in effect from 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM until further notice.
• Lake Trail temporary rules remain in effect. From 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted. Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed, per Palm Beach County Order No. 7. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 2020-11.
• Please be advised that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have issued a travel advisory that requires people arriving from states with high coronavirus rates, including Florida, to quarantine for 14 days.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.