June 5, 2020 1:32 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 6/5/20
STATE EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 20-139
Executive Order Number 20-139, which is effective today, initiated Phase 2 re-opening steps for most of the state. Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties were excluded and remains in Phase 1 until noticed otherwise, due to recent spikes in new cases.
• As of 1:00 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
32 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach, with 2 deaths.
10,943 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 468 deaths.
61,488 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 2,660 deaths.
1,880,703 confirmed cases in the US, with 108,496 deaths.
6,694,512 confirmed cases worldwide, with 392,940 deaths.
• It is important to note that the numbers above are cumulative and not in real time. Many of the individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 have fully recovered, including most of those who live within the Town.
• The Town will continue to closely monitor various metrics to ascertain the trend of Coronavirus infections. We strongly urge adherence to the White House Coronavirus Task Force, State, County and Town recommendations, as well as the CDC’s reopening guidelines.
JUNE TOWN COUNCIL MEETINGS
• The June Regular Council and Development Review meetings have been combined, to take place electronically on Wednesday, June 10. The Regular meeting will begin at 9:30AM and Development Review will begin at approximately 1:30PM. Please visit the Town website (townofpalmbeach.com) to obtain instructions on how to participate in the virtual meeting.
• The regular meeting agenda will include an update and discussion on matters relating to the Town’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic. Matters will include, but not be limited to a report on the approval of additional outdoor restaurant seating, potential requirement of facial coverings in certain locations, update on future public meetings, and a discussion regarding Lake Trail rules.
BEACHES, PARKS AND RECREATION FACILITIES
• Beaches are open for use per the conditions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 6, which requires following CDC guidelines by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people distancing themselves from other parties by more than 6 feet.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 7. Please be reminded that the Par 3 Golf Course is open for golfing only. Please refrain from using the cart paths on the course for exercising or walking dogs.
• Lake Trail rules remain in effect. From 9:00AM - 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted. Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• Please be reminded that per Palm Beach County Order No. 8, all persons working in, patronizing, or otherwise physically present in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, construction sites, public transit vehicles, vehicles for hire, and locations where social distancing measures are not possible should wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• All other persons physically present in any public place in Palm Beach County are strongly urged to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• Town-wide curfew hours are in effect from 9:00 PM – 6:00 AM.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.