June 22, 2020 1:32 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 6/22/20
• The sharp increase in reported new COVID-19 cases over the last 10 days, especially in Palm Beach County, is concerning. The rise in cases within Palm Beach County is putting stress on our hospital resources, as ICU bed availability has been reduced to approximately 10%, with several hospitals having no ICU beds at this time.
• As reported by Palm Beach County Health Director, Dr. Alina Alonso, at the time Phase 1 reopening began, the county averaged 68 new cases per day. That number has more than tripled to an average of 220 per day.
• As of 1:30 PM today, the following information was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
38 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach (15% increase in last 10 days), with 2 deaths.
10,943 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County (35% increase in last 10 days), with 468 deaths.
100,217 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida (41% increase from 10 days ago), with 3,173 deaths.
2,281,069 confirmed cases in the US (13% increase from 10 days ago), with 120,044 deaths.
9,003,042 confirmed cases worldwide (19% increase from 10 days ago), with 469,122 deaths.
• It is important to note that the numbers above are cumulative and not in real time. Many of the individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 have fully recovered, including most of those who live within the Town.
• It is widely understood that the use of facial coverings reduces the risk of COVID-19 transmission. The Palm Beach County Commission is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, June 23 to consider implementing a county-wide mandatory mask order. If approved, it will include the Town of Palm Beach.
• In the meantime, please be reminded that per Palm Beach County Order No. 8, all persons working in, patronizing, or otherwise physically present in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, construction sites, public transit vehicles, vehicles for hire, and locations where social distancing measures are not possible should wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
• All other persons physically present in any public place in Palm Beach County are strongly urged to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
BEACHES, PARKS AND RECREATION FACILITIES
• Beaches are open for use per the conditions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 6, which requires following CDC guidelines by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people distancing themselves from other parties by more than 6 feet.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 7. Please be reminded that the Par 3 Golf Course is open for golfing only. Please refrain from using the cart paths on the course for exercising or walking dogs.
• Lake Trail temporary rules remain in effect until Phase 2 reopening initiated. From 9:00AM - 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted. Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• Town-wide curfew hours are in effect from Midnight – 6:00 AM.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.