April 9, 2020 12:37 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 4/9/20
• In an effort to minimize risk of COVID-19 infection among staff, elected officials and residents, the April Regular Council and Development Review meetings have been combined to take place electronically on April 15. The Regular meeting will begin at 9:30AM and Development Review will begin at 1:30PM. Please visit the Town website (townofpalmbeach.com) to review the agendas and back up, and to obtain instructions on how to participate in the virtual meeting.
• The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), a division of the US Department of Homeland Security, continues to monitor how the COVID-19 crisis is affecting the American public on the cybersecurity and infrastructure security front. There has been a surge in malicious cyber activity using COVID-19 to prey on people’s goodwill, curiosity and concern, and exploit organizations that establish remote work options. The Town is urging residents and businesses to use extreme care to avoid exploitation of virtual private networks and watch out for phishing email and text messages about COVID-19, as well as websites deceptively advertised as COVID 19 sites.
• The following numbers have been provided by the Florida Department of Health as of 12:30PM today. Please note that these numbers lag and are not in real time.
16 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach, with 2 deaths.
1,260 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 73 deaths.
16,364 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 354 deaths.
432,579 confirmed cases in the US, with 14,830 deaths.
1,506,936 confirmed cases worldwide, with 89,931 deaths.
• The only proven way to slow the infection rate and flatten the curve according to the CDC is through social distancing, physical isolation, frequent hand washing, and not touching your face. The CDC also recommends using cloth face masks if you need to leave your home, but continue to maintain 6-feet of distance from others.
• There will NOT be a 3:00PM COVID-19 update from the Town Manager tomorrow. The next scheduled COVID-19 update will take place at 3:00PM on Tuesday, April 14, via live audio stream. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Archived audio from previous updates can be found on the Town website.
• Per previous State, County and Town orders, the following continue to be in effect, unless expressly superseded by State EO 20-91. All orders can be found on the Town’s COVID-19 website.
A Statewide “Stay at Home” order remains in place, all non-essential businesses are closed and a daily curfew from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM remains in place for the Town.
As mandated by State Executive Orders, all persons whose point of departure originated from an area of substantial community spread of COVID-19, including the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and Louisiana MUST isolate or quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida.
No new short-term vacation rentals of less than 30 days or one calendar month is permitted. Realtors are urged to advise clients from regions of high community spread that they are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
As ordered by Palm Beach County all public and private parks, golf courses, pools and tennis courts must be closed, including those in condominium complexes.
All boat docks, ramps, marinas, and any other venues utilized for launching any vessels are closed until further notice. All islands, sandbars, and intracoastal lands are also prohibited for use by the public.
All beaches are closed. Notices to appear in court may be issued to violators.
All Town public buildings and government offices remain closed. However, all departments continue to provide services remotely and with minimal on-site staff. Police, Fire-Rescue, and sanitation services are fully operational, as is the maintenance of critical infrastructure and utilities.
• The following rules remain in effect for usage of the Lake Trail, until further notice.
From 9:00AM - 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted on the Trail.
Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week (age 65 and over only from 7:00AM-8:00AM on Tuesday and Wednesday) and AMICI MARKET is open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday. It is strongly recommended that shoppers avoid peak hours at PUBLIX, which appear to be between 11:00AM - 1:00PM, to assist in reducing congestion.
• Greens Pharmacy is open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, offering free delivery. Lewis Pharmacy and Fedco Drugs are open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the link below to visit the Town’s COVID-19 Website for more information, including answers to FAQs.