March 27, 2020 3:40 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 3/27/20
• A Special Town Council Meeting was held at 11:00AM today. During this meeting, Town Manager Blouin provided his daily community update. Daily updates will resume on Monday, March 30 at 3:00PM. The audio from this morning’s meeting is available from the Town’s website for those who were unable to tune in and would like to listen to the update or the entire meeting.
• After considering all of the input received from the public and our Mayor and Town Council members at this morning’s Special Town Council meeting, the following rules are now in effect for usage of the Lake Trail, until further notice. We know that these rules will not make everyone happy but believe them to be a fair compromise.
o From 9:00AM – 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted on the Lake Trail.
o Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
o Please be reminded that motorized equipment, including motorized skateboards are not permitted on the trail at anytime.
o It is imperative everyone continues to stay in excess of 6 feet from one another at all times.
o Please also remember that dogs must be leashed at all times and don’t forget to clean-up after your pet.
• If trail users fail to abide by these regulations and Town officials deem the trail to be unsafe, it will be closed through the duration of this COVID-19 pandemic.
• Per previous State, County and Town orders, the following are still in effect:
o Per Palm Beach County Emergency Order #2 all non-critical retail and commercial businesses should be closed. Order #2 prohibits all hotels and other commercial lodging establishments (which includes short-term vacation rentals) from accepting any new reservations, unless they are for “critical lodgers”, as defined in the order.
o Per Palm Beach County Emergency Order #3 all public parks are closed, including all parks within the Town. This includes, but is not limited to, Seaview, Lake Drive (adjacent to Marina), Bradley, Phipps Ocean, and the grassy areas adjacent to the Mid-Town public beach. Both orders can be found on the Town website.
o As mandated by State Executive Order 20-82, all persons whose point of departure originated from outside the State of Florida in an area of substantial community spread of COVID-19, including the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), MUST isolate or quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida. This is extremely important and applies regardless of if you arrived by plane, car or other means. Failure to comply with this order may lead to arrest and incarceration.
o A Statewide Public Health Advisory remains in effect for all persons over 65 years of age, urging them to stay at home. The Town continues to strongly recommend this for all ages.
o All non-essential businesses should be closed, including those included in the State executive order as well as the Palm Beach County order. Restaurants are permitted to convert to take-out or delivery only.
o All boat docks, ramps, marinas, and any other venues utilized for launching any vessels are closed until further notice. All islands, sandbars, and intracoastal lands are also prohibited for use by the public.
o All Town public buildings and governmental offices are closed for non-essential services. However, all departments will continue to provide essential services remotely and with minimal on-site staff. Police, Fire-Rescue, and sanitation are still fully operational, as is the maintenance of critical infrastructure and utilities.
• As of 3:00PM today the Florida Dept. of Health has reported:
o 194 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 3 deaths.
o 2,900 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 34 deaths.
o 94,238 confirmed cases in the US, with 1,438 deaths.
o 576,859 confirmed cases worldwide, with 26,819 deaths.
• WE CAUTION YOU NOT TO MAKE FAMILY DECISIONS BASED ON THE NUMBER OF CONFIRMED TEST RESULTS in the county, as testing has been very limited and COMMUNITY SPREAD is occurring. These numbers DO NOT reflect actual infection rates, which are assumed to be much higher, due to infected individuals who have not been tested, are asymptomatic and the lack of reporting from private providers to the Dept of Health.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week (age 65 and over only from 7:00AM-8:00AM on Tuesday and Wednesday) and AMICI MARKET will be open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday.
• Greens Pharmacy is open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, offering free delivery. Lewis Pharmacy and Fedco Drugs are open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday.
• The Town of Palm Beach remains in a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and a TOWNWIDE CURFEW is in effect from 9:00PM to 6:00AM until further notice.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the link below to visit the Town’s COVID-19 Website for more information, including answers to FAQs.