March 26, 2020 1:49 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 3/26/20
• Palm Beach County issued Emergency Orders #2 and #3 late yesterday. Order #2 mandates all non-critical retail and commercial businesses to close immediately and provides a list of businesses and services that are deemed critical and essential.
• Order #2 prohibits all hotels and other commercial lodging establishments (which includes short-term vacation rentals) from accepting any new reservations, unless they are for “critical lodgers”, as defined in the order.
• Order #3 immediately closed all public parks including all parks within the Town. This includes, but is not limited to, Seaview, Lake Drive (adjacent to Marina), Bradley, Phipps Ocean, and the grassy areas adjacent to the Mid-Town public beach.
• Both orders can be downloaded for additional details by clicking on the link below.
• The Town is reminding all persons whose point of departure originated from outside the State of Florida in an area of substantial community spread of COVID-19, including the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), MUST isolate or quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida, as mandated by Executive Order 20-.82. This is extremely important and applies regardless of if you arrived by plane, car or other means. Failure to comply is a misdemeanor and anyone found guilty of this charge could face prison time and/or pay a fine.
• The Town has observed a reduction in groups gathering in public places and on private properties to congregate. Thank you. To stop the spread of COVID-19 and not put each other at an increased risk of infection, it is imperative everyone continues stay in excess of 6 feet from one another at all times. The current regulations are as follows:
• Town Council will consider changes during their 11:00AM special meeting tomorrow. Any changes approved will be communicated to the community.
o From 8:00AM – 5:00PM daily, only walkers, runners and children age 12 and under on bicycles are permitted on the Lake Trail.
o Cyclists age 13 and older and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
o Please also remember that dogs must be leashed at all times and don’t forget to clean-up after your pet.
• Per previous State, County and Town orders, the following are still in effect:
o A Statewide Public Health Advisory is in effect for all persons over 65 years of age, urging them to stay at home. The Town continues to strongly recommend this for all ages.
o All non-essential businesses should be closed, including those included in the State executive order as well as the Palm Beach County order. Restaurants are permitted to convert to take-out or delivery only.
o All boat docks, ramps, marinas, and any other venues utilized for launching any vessels are closed until further notice. All islands, sandbars, and intracoastal lands are also prohibited for use by the public.
o All Town public buildings and governmental offices are closed for non-essential services. However, all departments will continue to provide essential services remotely and with minimal on-site staff. Police, Fire-Rescue, and sanitation are still fully operational, as is the maintenance of critical infrastructure and utilities.
• As of 1:00PM today the Florida Dept. of Health has reported:
o 169 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 3 deaths.
o 2,355 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 28 deaths.
o 69,684 confirmed cases in the US, with 1,049 deaths.
o 495,086 confirmed cases worldwide, with 22,295 deaths.
• WE CAUTION YOU NOT TO MAKE FAMILY DECISIONS BASED ON THE NUMBER OF CONFIRMED TEST RESULTS in the county, as testing has been very limited and COMMUNITY SPREAD is occurring. These numbers DO NOT reflect actual infection rates, which are assumed to be much higher, due to infected individuals who have not been tested, are asymptomatic and the lack of reporting from private providers to the Dept of Health.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week (age 65 and over only from 7:00AM-8:00AM on Tuesday and Wednesday) and AMICI MARKET will be open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday. Greens Pharmacy is open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM-6:00 PM, offering free delivery.
• Town Manager, Kirk Blouin, and members of his team will provide an update on the COVID-19 outbreak at 3:00PM today, via live audio stream from the Town’s website. Questions can be sent to email@example.com. Archived audio from previous updates can be found on the Town website.
• The Town of Palm Beach remains in a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and a TOWNWIDE CURFEW is in effect from 9:00PM to 6:00AM until further notice.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the link below to download Palm Beach County Emergency Orders #2 and #3.