October 5, 2020 4:38 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE - MONDAY 10/5/20
COVID-19 INFECTION DATA
As of 4:30 PM today, the following cumulative COVID-19 data was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
• Town of Palm Beach: 136 cases (an increase of 1.5% or +2 cases from 1 week ago) and 5 deaths.
• Palm Beach County: 47,153 cases (an increase of 1.8% or +843 cases from 1 week ago) and 1,394 deaths.
• State of Florida: 717,874 cases (an increase of 2.4% or +16,572 cases from 1 week ago) and 14,886 deaths.
• United States: 7,122,754 7,445,897 cases (an increase of 4.5% or +323,143 cases from 1 week ago) and 210,013 deaths.
• Worldwide: 35,330,119 cases (an increase of 6.5% or +2,156,943 cases from 1 week ago) and 1,038,958 deaths.
PALM BEACH COUNTY PHASE 3 REOPENING
• Palm Beach County Emergency Order 2020-28 (Phase 3 Re-opening) rescinds all previous restrictions except social distancing, face masks use when unable to social distance, and sanitizing requirements. All businesses may now be open at 100%, including community pools and recreation facilities. However, CDC guidelines for social distancing, wearing masks, and sanitizing must continue to be maintained.
• With Phase 3 re-opening now in effect, it is extremely important that residents, employees and visitors continue to AVOID THE THREE C’s – CLOSED spaces with poor ventilation, CROWDED spaces with many people nearby and CLOSE-CONTACT settings. Also remember to wear a mask, social distance, and wash your hands frequently.
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS ORDER REMAIN IN EFFECT
• Recently approved Palm Beach County Emergency Order No. 2020-26 extended the Mandatory Face Covering directive through at least October 22, 2020.
• Masks or face coverings MUST be worn by all persons within the Town, while visiting or working in any businesses, establishment or residential buildings. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, government buildings, multifamily buildings, and vehicles for hire.
• Face coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in outdoor public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
• MASKS MUST BE WORN PROPERLY – Please ensure masks and other acceptable face coverings are worn completely over the NOSE and MOUTH when in the presence of others. When removing masks, only touch the strings or ear loops. Do not touch the actual face covering to avoid contaminating your hands. Masks should be washed or disposed after wearing.
• The types of masks that are acceptable, include cloth, surgical, dust, and N95 masks without vents. Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable, as they allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape.
PALM BEACH COUNTY CARES RESTART BUSINESS GRANTS AVAILABLE
• Interested businesses are encouraged to complete the Restart Business Grant Program Application ASAP as they will be processed on a first come, first eligible basis. The online application is accessible through the Palm Beach County website until Friday October 9, 2020 at 11:59 P.M.
• The Restart Business Program guidelines, including eligibility criteria are outlined on the County's website. The Board gave approval for individual grants up to $25,000 to help “restart" Palm Beach County businesses forced to close by State or County Executive Order.
• Click on the link at the end of this update for application instructions.
• Per Palm Beach County Order No. 6, please be reminded that all public, municipal, and private beaches are open only from sunrise to sunset, and gatherings are limited to no more than 10 people, while distancing themselves from other parties by more than 6 feet.
• Travel restrictions are in place for travelers going to Alaska, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and Washington D.C. Please plan accordingly if you plan to travel to one of these locations.
• All public parks and playgrounds within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed, per Palm Beach County Orders 20-07 and 20-21.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 2020-11.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.