March 18, 2020 3:37 PM
COVID-19 Notice 3/18/20
• The Town of Palm Beach remains in a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and a TOWNWIDE CURFEW is in effect from 9:00PM to 6:00AM until further notice. This applies to motorists and pedestrians.
• Self-isolation is strongly recommended for everyone, especially the elderly.
• Please consider limiting the number of domestic staff and visitors to your homes and provide specific hygiene instructions, including hand washing, wearing gloves and removing shoes.
• All nightclubs and bars are closed, as ordered by the State of Florida.
• Operations of private clubs, restaurants and all other business are strongly recommended to close, with the exception of delivery or curbside pick-up.
• The Shiny Sheet has reported that the following restaurants are closed for dine in services but open for delivery and pick-up: Buccan, Imoto, Chez Jean-Pierre, Cucina, Field of Greens, Renato’s, Pizza al Fresco, Al Fresco and Acqua Café.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are now 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week and AMICI MARKET will be open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday.
• All public beaches and recreation facilities are closed.
• Public access to all Town buildings are limited. Town staff can still be reached by phone or email during regular business hours. PZB customers can submit plans in the Town Hall lobby drop box. Simple permit applications can be emailed (PZB@townofpalmbeach.com) or faxed (561-835-4621) to PZB.
• Police, Fire-Rescue and Sanitation operations continue as normal. Town management is evaluating the need to scale back non-essential services.
• As of 11:25AM today the Florida Dept. of Health has REPORTED 314 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida and 19 in Palm Beach County. 7 people have died in Florida. There are 7,324 confirmed cases in the US and 207,518 worldwide. Reported numbers do not reflect actual infection rates, which are assumed to be much higher, due to infected individuals who have not been tested and/or are asymptomatic.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also now available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Let us take care of one another and ensure you have emergency contact numbers for your family and neighbors, especially the elderly. Please call and check in daily on those who are self-isolating.