September 18, 2020 2:59 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE - FRIDAY 9/18/20
As of 1:30 PM today, the following cumulative COVID-19 data was provided by the Florida Department of Health.
Town of Palm Beach: 130 cases and 5 deaths.
Palm Beach County: 44,906 cases and 1,272 deaths.
State of Florida: 677,660 cases and 13,387 deaths.
United States: 6,688,236 cases and 197,946 deaths.
Worldwide: 30,255,091 cases and 947,500 deaths.
• For additional daily information provided by the State of Florida, beyond the summary provided by the Town, please visit the FDOH website at: http://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS ORDER REMAIN IN EFFECT
• Palm Beach County approved Emergency Order Number 20-20 REQUIRES masks or face coverings to be worn by all persons while visiting or working in any businesses, establishment or residential buildings. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, government buildings, multifamily buildings, and vehicles for hire.
• Face coverings MUST also be worn by all persons in outdoor public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible.
• The types of masks that are acceptable, include cloth, surgical, dust, and N95 masks without vents. Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable, as they allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape.
• MASKS MUST BE WORN PROPERLY – Please ensure masks and other acceptable face coverings are worn completely over the NOSE and MOUTH when in the presence of others. When removing masks, only touch the strings or ear loops. Do not touch the actual face covering to avoid contaminating your hands. Masks should be washed or disposed after wearing.
WORKING TOGETHER TO KEEP THE INFECTION RATE DOWN
• With Step 1, Phase 2 now in effect, it is extremely important that residents continue to AVOID THE THREE C’s – CLOSED spaces with poor ventilation, CROWDED spaces with many people nearby and CLOSE-CONTACT settings such as close-range conversations. Also remember to wear a mask, social distance, and wash your hands frequently.
• Download the RISK INDEX CHART at the end of this Alert to see which activities put you at most risk and which ones are low risk.
• Per Palm Beach County Order No. 6, please be reminded that all public, municipal, and private beaches are open only from sunrise to sunset, with certain limitations. Beachgoers must follow CDC guidelines by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people, while distancing themselves from other parties by more than 6 feet.
• Travel restrictions are in place for travelers going to Alaska, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois (Chicago only), Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and Washington D.C. Please plan accordingly if you plan to travel to one of these locations.
• All public parks and playgrounds within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed, per Palm Beach County Orders 20-07 and 20-21.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 2020-11.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the links below for more information.