April 15, 2020 3:26 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 4/15/20
• In an effort to help residents comply with the emergency order issued by the Town of Palm Beach and Palm Beach County that "strongly encourages the use of facial coverings while in any public place," the Palm Beach Police and Fire Foundation will distribute six surgical masks to Town of Palm Beach residents WITH PROOF OF RESIDENCY.
o Distribution will take place on FRIDAY, APRIL 17 and SATURDAY, APRIL 18, from 11:00AM until 1:00PM at three drive-through locations in the Town, staffed by workers wearing gloves and masks.
o Distribution locations include the Par 3 Golf Course (2345 S. Ocean Blvd.), St. Edward’s Parish Center (165 N. County Road) and Palm Beach Country Club (760 N. Ocean Blvd. – entrance drive-through)
o Quantities are limited so distribution will end once supplies have been exhausted.
o When you arrive at the distribution point, pull up and pop the trunk.
o Keep windows closed, place proof of Palm Beach Residency on the passenger side of dashboard, face up.
o An envelope with six surgical masks will be placed inside trunk.
• The following numbers have been provided by the Florida Department of Health as of 3:30PM today. Please note that these numbers lag and are not in real time.
16 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach, with 2 deaths.
1,814 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 105 deaths.
22,511 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 596 deaths.
614,482 confirmed cases in the US, with 27,085 deaths.
2,023,663 confirmed cases worldwide, with 132,276 deaths.
• The only proven way to slow the infection rate and flatten the curve according to the CDC is through social distancing, physical isolation, frequent hand washing, and not touching your face.
• Per previous State, County and Town orders, the following continue to be in effect, unless expressly superseded by State EO 20-91. All orders can be found on the Town’s COVID-19 website.
A Statewide “Stay at Home” order remains in place, all non-essential businesses are closed and a daily curfew from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM remains in place for the Town.
All persons working in, patronizing, or otherwise physically present in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, construction sites, public transit vehicles, vehicles for hire, and locations where social distancing measures are not possible within Palm Beach County should wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
All other persons physically present in any public place in Palm Beach County are strongly urged to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
As mandated by State Executive Orders, all persons whose point of departure originated from an area of substantial community spread of COVID-19, including the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and Louisiana MUST isolate or quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida.
No new short-term vacation rentals of less than 30 days or one calendar month is permitted. Realtors are urged to advise clients from regions of high community spread that they are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
As ordered by Palm Beach County all public and private parks, golf courses, pools and tennis courts must be closed, including those in condominium complexes.
All boat docks, ramps, marinas, and any other venues utilized for launching any vessels are closed until further notice. All islands, sandbars, and intracoastal lands are also prohibited for use by the public.
All beaches are closed. Notices to appear in court may be issued to violators.
All Town public buildings and government offices remain closed. However, all departments continue to provide services remotely and with minimal on-site staff. Police, Fire-Rescue, and sanitation services are fully operational, as is the maintenance of critical infrastructure and utilities.
• The following rules remain in effect for usage of the Lake Trail, until further notice.
From 9:00AM - 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted on the Trail.
Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week (age 65 and over only from 7:00AM-8:00AM on Tuesday and Wednesday) and AMICI MARKET is open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday. It is strongly recommended that shoppers avoid peak hours at PUBLIX, which appear to be between 11:00AM - 1:00PM, to assist in reducing congestion.
• Greens Pharmacy is open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, offering free delivery. Lewis Pharmacy and Fedco Drugs are open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click on the link below for more information about the Palm Beach Police & Fire Foundation mask distribution event.