March 29, 2020 12:00 PM
COVID-19 UPDATE for 3/29/20
• The Town is receiving numerous complaints about illegal use of public beach areas and the lack of social distancing, especially on the north end beaches. The Town is reminding everyone that all public beaches are closed, including the areas east of the mean high tide line adjacent to private property. Numerous warnings were issued to violators by the Police Department yesterday. Notices to appear in court will be issued to violators beginning today.
• As of 11:30 AM today the Florida Dept. of Health has reported:
o 333 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County, with 6 deaths.
o 4,246 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida, with 56 deaths.
o 125,313 confirmed cases in the US, with 2,197 deaths.
o 685,623 confirmed cases worldwide, with 32,137 deaths.
• The confirmed cases numbers DO NOT reflect actual infection rates, which are assumed to be much higher, due to infected individuals who have not been tested or are asymptomatic, the limited testing that has been done, and the delayed reporting from private providers to the Dept of Health.
• The Town issued a “Shelter in Place – Safer at Home” order yesterday, urging residents to stay home to help flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19. Residents and visitors may continue to engage in travel to and from critical retail and commercial business locations, to obtain emergency services, work in support of essential businesses, engage in outdoor recreational activities not closed to the public, and visit religious institutions, subject to CDC requirements. The order includes guidelines for the public as well as essential businesses. A daily curfew from 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM remains in place.
• The following rules are in effect for usage of the Lake Trail, until further notice. We know that these rules will not make everyone happy but believe them to be a fair compromise to improve the safety for everyone. If trail users fail to abide by these regulations and Town officials deem the trail to be unsafe, it will be closed through the duration of this COVID-19 pandemic. Signs are in production and will be posted soon.
o From 9:00AM – 4:00PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted on the Lake Trail.
o Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
o Please be reminded that motorized equipment, including motorized skateboards are not permitted on the trail at any time.
o It is imperative everyone continues to stay in excess of 6 feet from one another at all times.
o Please also remember that dogs must be leashed at all times and don’t forget to clean-up after your pet.
• Town Manager, Kirk Blouin, and members of his team will provide an update on the COVID-19 outbreak at 3:00PM tomorrow, via live audio stream from the Town’s website. Questions can be sent to email@example.com. Archived audio from previous updates can be found on the Town website.
• Per previous State, County and Town orders, the following continue to be in effect. All orders can be found on the Town’s COVID-19 website.
o As mandated by State Executive Orders, all persons whose point of departure originated from an area of substantial community spread of COVID-19, including the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and Louisiana MUST isolate or quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida. The 14 quarantine requirement is extremely important and applies regardless of if you arrived by plane, car or other means. Failure to comply with this order may lead to arrest and incarceration.
o It is also extremely important for spouses or partners of those who have tested positive for COVID-19, to self-quarantine for 14 days.
o All non-essential retail and commercial businesses should be closed, including those listed in the State executive order as well as the Palm Beach County order.
o No new short-term vacation rentals of less than 30 days or one calendar month is permitted. Realtors are urged to advise clients from regions of high community spread that they are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
o As ordered by Palm Beach County, all public parks are closed, including all parks within the Town. This includes, but is not limited to, Seaview, Lake Drive (adjacent to Marina), Bradley, Phipps Ocean, and the grassy areas adjacent to the Mid-Town public beach.
o All boat docks, ramps, marinas, and any other venues utilized for launching any vessels are closed until further notice. All islands, sandbars, and intracoastal lands are also prohibited for use by the public.
o All Town public buildings and governmental offices are closed for non-essential services. However, all departments will continue to provide essential services remotely and with minimal on-site staff. Police, Fire-Rescue, and sanitation are still fully operational, as is the maintenance of critical infrastructure and utilities.
• Hours of operation for PUBLIX are 8:00AM to 8:00PM, 7 days/week (age 65 and over only from 7:00AM-8:00AM on Tuesday and Wednesday) and AMICI MARKET will be open from 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Monday – Saturday.
• Greens Pharmacy is open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, offering free delivery. Lewis Pharmacy and Fedco Drugs are open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday and 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday.
• The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline and email is up and running 24/7. Call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.
• Click the link below to visit the Town’s COVID-19 Website for more information, including answers to FAQs.