Census day is April 1, 2020
Every ten years, the U.S. Census Bureau counts America’s population and uses the data to distribute $675 billion of federal funding to states & communities each year. These are funds are used by the Town of Palm Beach to provide services to all of our residents.
Participating in Census 2020 will be private, safe, easy & it will be very important to respond this year. The Census affects people of ALL ages, races, culture & ethnicity, regardless of citizenship.
Taking part is your civic duty – completing the census is mandatory for everyone living in the United States. Every person that is NOT counted equates to less funding received to provide services to the community.
- EVERYONE COUNTS the census counts every person living in the U.S. once, only once, and in the right place
- IT’S IN THE CONSTITUTIONthe U.S. Constitution mandates that everyone in the country be counted every 10 years
- IT’S ABOUT FAIR REPRESENTATIONthe results of the census are used to reapportion the House of Representatives, determining how many seats each state gets
- IT’S ABOUT REDISTRICTINGstate officials redraw the boundaries of the congressional and state legislative districts in their states to account for population shifts
- IT’S ABOUT $675 BILLIONthe distribution of more than $675 billion in federal funds, grants and support to states, counties and communities are based on census data. That money is spent on schools, hospitals, roads, public works and other vital programs
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>