In the event of a mandatory evacuation and a declaration by the Chief of Police that a state of emergency exists within the Town as a result of a hurricane impact, the Police Department will establish roadblocks at each of the access points/bridges leading into the Town. The roadblocks prevent access to the island while conditions are unsafe.
As soon as soon as it is safe for public safety officers to be on the roads and at the discretion of Town officials, the following persons will be allowed into Palm Beach:
- Persons who can provide documentation proving they are residents of Palm Beach and our out-of-town residents/owners/lease holders, business owners or property representatives in gaining access to the Town after an emergency (e.g. hurricane) event on the Town's Emergency Re-Entry List.
- Employee/personal representative of a resident
- Business owners
- Employee/representative of a business owners
- Persons listed on the Emergency Contact Lists provided by the Police Department
- Media personnel with valid credentials
- Persons approved by the Field Command Post or Emergency Operations Center
View the County's evacuation zones. The Town is in Zone B.
Access a one-page summary of the Town's re-entry procedures after a storm is passed.